Victim in basketball court shooting identified
POPLAR - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the man killed in a shooting at a basketball court.
The shooting happened at 1:34 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of North 8th sreet in the Poplar neighborhood.
Police arrived to find the victim, 27-year-old Tyrel Washington of the 800 block of North 10th Street, with a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
There has been no word on any suspects or a motive in this killing.
philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet