Pregnant woman hit by car in North Phila.
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident in North Philadelphia that injured a woman who is a 6-months pregnant.
The accident happened at approximately 6:49 p.m. at 9th Street and Rising Sun Avenue.
Police say a vehicle hit the 21-year-old pregnant woman and then struck a utility pole.
The woman was transported to Temple University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials say there were no affects to her pregnancy.
The male driver was also transported to Temple with non-life-threatening injuries.
No charges have been filed at this time.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 4 min ago
- Windy and cold today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 34 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 23 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 30 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad