Police: Teen killed by pellet gun shot himself
LOCK HAVEN, Pa. - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police in central Pennsylvania say a 15-year-old boy who was killed by a pellet gun while playing with a friend accidentally shot himself.
Investigators say Tristin "Ty" Yonkin was handling the air rifle when it went off and hit him in the chest at the friend's home in Porter Township on Tuesday afternoon. The Express of Lock Haven reports Clinton County Deputy Coroner Zach Hanna has ruled the death accidental.
Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Kimberly Patterson says the investigation is continuing, but that there is nothing suspicious about the death.
A visitation for family and friends is planned from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at Central Mountain High School. A private funeral service is being scheduled at a later date.
Information from: The Express, http://www.lockhaven.com
pennsylvania, shooting, child death, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 18 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
31 min ago