Roofer charged after accident that injured girl in Bustleton
PHILADELPHIA - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A roofer has been charged in connection with an accident over the weekend that left a 12-year-old girl in the hospital.
John Paul Kravchak, 60, Collingdale, as charged with making a false report to police after the incident in the 8800 block of Krewstown Road in the Bustleton section.
It was around 11:00 a.m. when a worker fell through the roof of Building F of the Krewstown Park Apartments while the victim, Maya Pur, was watching TV.
Part of the roof hit the girl, who was taken to the hospital with a concussion and two possible broken fingers. The worker was not seriously hurt.
Police say Kravchak, the owner of the roofing company, told investigators he was the one who fell through the roof, not the worker.
"When I talked to my stepdaughter, she pointed out the window and told the police officers that was the guy. They actually exchanged clothes with each other," Maya's stepfather, Jay Roshko, told Action News on Saturday.
Sources told Action News there could be an insurance or permitting issue.
Action News has learned that the Krewstown Park Apartments has had about 50 L&I violations since 2010.
accident, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash 48 min ago
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
31 min ago