Burglar arrested breaking into Wilmington home, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- An alleged burglar was caught trying to break into a woman's home in Wilmington, Delaware.
Police were called for a burglary in progress around 9:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Geddes Street.
There, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Copeland, of North Broom Street, standing in the front yard of the home he allegedly tried to burglarize.
Copeland was arrested on the scene without incident.
He is being held on $5,000 unsecured bond.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 5 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 2 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures