Burglar arrested breaking into Wilmington home, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- An alleged burglar was caught trying to break into a woman's home in Wilmington, Delaware.
Police were called for a burglary in progress around 9:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Geddes Street.
There, officers found 19-year-old Samuel Copeland, of North Broom Street, standing in the front yard of the home he allegedly tried to burglarize.
Copeland was arrested on the scene without incident.
He is being held on $5,000 unsecured bond.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 38 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 55 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier