Decoatsworth petitions judge to lower $60M bail
PHILADELPHIA - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former hero Philadelphia police officer turned rape suspect, Richard Decoatsworth petitioned a judge to lower his $60-million bail Monday.
Authorities claim Decoatsworth drugged and raped two women and forced them into prostitution.
He's also charged with an assault on his girlfriend.
A decision on the bail reduction is not expected until at least next week.
Decoatsworth was celebrated back in 2007 for chasing a suspect after being shot in the face.
He was even a guest of the First Lady at the President's State of the Union Address.
rape, philadelphia police, philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
39 min ago