DeCoatsworth petitions judge to lower $60M bail
PHILADELPHIA - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former hero Philadelphia police-officer-turned-rape-suspect Richard DeCoatsworth petitioned a judge to lower his $60 million bail Monday.
Authorities claim DeCoatsworth drugged and raped two women and forced them into prostitution.
He's also charged with an assault on his girlfriend.
A decision on the bail reduction is not expected until at least next week.
DeCoatsworth was celebrated back in 2007 for chasing a suspect after being shot in the face.
He was even a guest of the First Lady at the President's State of the Union Address.
rape, philadelphia police, philadelphia news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos