Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- The committee investigating demolition practices in Philadelphia following the deadly building collapse at 22nd and Market Streets has announced its public hearing schedule.
The first hearing will take place in City Council chambers on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Commissioner Carlton Williams of the Department of Licenses & Inspections is scheduled to testify.
Other hearings are scheduled for:
All hearings will begin at 10:00 a.m.
The Special Investigative Committee was appointed by Council President Darrell L. Clarke to investigate the June 5, 2013, building collapse that killed six people and injured 14 others.
The Committee members are Councilman Curtis Jones, Jr. (chair), Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell, Councilman Bobby Henon, Councilman Jim Kenney, and Councilwoman Maria Quiñones Sánchez.
philadelphia, collapse, center city, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 8 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 44 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
44 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
8 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos