1 dead in West Philadelphia double shooting
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded in West Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. inside a house located on the unit block of South 44th Street near Market Street.
Police say a 21-year-old man was shot in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 30-year-old man was shot in the arm and taken to the the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Investigators are looking over ballistic evidence and interviewing witnesses.
So far, there is no word on a motive and the victims' identities have not been released.
homicide, west philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 16 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 6 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
16 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
6 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos