1 dead in West Philadelphia double shooting
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded in West Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. inside a house located on the unit block of South 44th Street near Market Street.
Police say a 21-year-old man was shot in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 30-year-old man was shot in the arm and taken to the the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Investigators are looking over ballistic evidence and interviewing witnesses.
So far, there is no word on a motive and the victims' identities have not been released.
homicide, west philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 33 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ