1 dead in West Philadelphia double shooting
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded in West Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. inside a house located on the unit block of South 44th Street near Market Street.
Police say a 21-year-old man was shot in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 30-year-old man was shot in the arm and taken to the the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Investigators are looking over ballistic evidence and interviewing witnesses.
So far, there is no word on a motive and the victims' identities have not been released.
homicide, west philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 45 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 29 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 49 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 49 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 49 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
45 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
49 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
49 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos