Construction worker gunned down on way to job
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A construction worker was shot and killed in North Philadelphia on his way to work Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened just before 5:00 a.m. on the 2800 block of N Lawrence Street.
Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small says at least eight shots were fired from a semiautomatic handgun.
The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head, face, upper torso, and back. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Crime scene investigators combed the street, trying to piece this all together. Given the ballistic evidence and number of times he was shot, authorities believe he was the intended target.
It is unclear who did this or why.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 47 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 26 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 13 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 42 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
47 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos