Construction worker gunned down on way to job
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A construction worker was shot and killed in North Philadelphia on his way to work Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened just before 5:00 a.m. on the 2800 block of N Lawrence Street.
Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small says at least eight shots were fired from a semiautomatic handgun.
The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head, face, upper torso, and back. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Crime scene investigators combed the street, trying to piece this all together. Given the ballistic evidence and number of times he was shot, authorities believe he was the intended target.
It is unclear who did this or why.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash