Police catch Wilmington burglary suspect hiding on roof
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say officers in Wilmington found a would-be burglar hiding on the roof of a corner liquor store.
Watchful neighbors called police early Saturday to report that a man was trying to break into the BGM Liquors on Lombard Street.
When officers arrived, they found damage to the front windows from someone trying to break in. Then, police say officers saw a man trying to hide on the roof of the store.
The officers ordered the man to surrender and arrested him when he climbed down.
The man, identified as 25-year-old Kendell Gardner of New Castle, is charged with third-degree attempted burglary, criminal mischief and criminal trespass. He was released after posting $1,500 bond.
wilmington, delaware, burglary, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 25 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 7 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 10 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 21 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 9 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
25 min ago