Police catch Wilmington burglary suspect hiding on roof
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say officers in Wilmington found a would-be burglar hiding on the roof of a corner liquor store.
Watchful neighbors called police early Saturday to report that a man was trying to break into the BGM Liquors on Lombard Street.
When officers arrived, they found damage to the front windows from someone trying to break in. Then, police say officers saw a man trying to hide on the roof of the store.
The officers ordered the man to surrender and arrested him when he climbed down.
The man, identified as 25-year-old Kendell Gardner of New Castle, is charged with third-degree attempted burglary, criminal mischief and criminal trespass. He was released after posting $1,500 bond.
wilmington, delaware, burglary, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ