Police catch Wilmington burglary suspect hiding on roof
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say officers in Wilmington found a would-be burglar hiding on the roof of a corner liquor store.
Watchful neighbors called police early Saturday to report that a man was trying to break into the BGM Liquors on Lombard Street.
When officers arrived, they found damage to the front windows from someone trying to break in. Then, police say officers saw a man trying to hide on the roof of the store.
The officers ordered the man to surrender and arrested him when he climbed down.
The man, identified as 25-year-old Kendell Gardner of New Castle, is charged with third-degree attempted burglary, criminal mischief and criminal trespass. He was released after posting $1,500 bond.
wilmington, delaware, burglary, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book