Police: Pennsylvania man takes car, but helps hurt victim
TYRONE, Pa. - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a central Pennsylvania man took a woman's car without her permission, but was arrested after he drove her to the hospital when she broke her ankle in the process.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 29-year-old Joseph Friedenberger Jr., of Tyrone, who faces a preliminary hearing June 25 on charges including unauthorized use of a vehicle and aggravated assault.
The Altoona Mirror reports Friedenberger was at the woman's home about 4 p.m. Sunday when he drove away after she told him not to take her car. She walked to his home and tried to get into the car, but police say he drove away and knocked her into a creek, breaking her ankle.
Police arrested Friedenberger when he drove her to Tyrone Hospital a short time later.
Friedenberger doesn't have a listed telephone.
Information from: Altoona Mirror, http://www.altoonamirror.com
pennsylvania, carjacking, theft, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 6 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 55 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos