Girl used in theft at Philadelphia nail salon, police say
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the woman who apparently used a little girl to help steal a wallet at a nail salon.
The incident happened at 3:44 p.m. on Monday, June 10th at the Magic Nail Salon at 3258 North Front Street.
In surveillance video released by police, the suspect can be seen at a table with the little girl.
Another woman is at a table behind the suspect.
The girl sits down and the suspect begins talking to her. A few moments later, the girl can be seen grabbing the victim's purse.
The child starts going through the purse and eventually removes a wallet, police say, and hands it to the suspect.
The girl then places the purse back and she, along with the suspect, leave the store.
The woman police are looking for is described as a Hispanic female, about 20 years old with blonde hair. She was wearing a grey shirt and black sweatpants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, theft, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 37 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 21 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 53 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 29 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
35 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
53 min ago