Girl used in theft at Philadelphia nail salon, police say
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the woman who apparently used a little girl to help steal a wallet at a nail salon.
The incident happened at 3:44 p.m. on Monday, June 10th at the Magic Nail Salon at 3258 North Front Street.
In surveillance video released by police, the suspect can be seen at a table with the little girl.
Another woman is at a table behind the suspect.
The girl sits down and the suspect begins talking to her. A few moments later, the girl can be seen grabbing the victim's purse.
The child starts going through the purse and eventually removes a wallet, police say, and hands it to the suspect.
The girl then places the purse back and she, along with the suspect, leave the store.
The woman police are looking for is described as a Hispanic female, about 20 years old with blonde hair. She was wearing a grey shirt and black sweatpants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, theft, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 21 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 41 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom