Girl used in theft at Philadelphia nail salon, police say
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the woman who apparently used a little girl to help steal a wallet at a nail salon.
The incident happened at 3:44 p.m. on Monday, June 10th at the Magic Nail Salon at 3258 North Front Street.
In surveillance video released by police, the suspect can be seen at a table with the little girl.
Another woman is at a table behind the suspect.
The girl sits down and the suspect begins talking to her. A few moments later, the girl can be seen grabbing the victim's purse.
The child starts going through the purse and eventually removes a wallet, police say, and hands it to the suspect.
The girl then places the purse back and she, along with the suspect, leave the store.
The woman police are looking for is described as a Hispanic female, about 20 years old with blonde hair. She was wearing a grey shirt and black sweatpants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, theft, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 19 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
39 min ago