Appoquinimink teacher charged again for indecent exposure
NEWARK, Del. - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- For the second time, a teacher at Appoquinimink High School has been charged with indecent exposure.
Charles C. Word, 31, of Newark, is accused of an incident on May 1st at North Harmony Road and Ogletown Stanton Road.
According to police the female victim was in her car, stopped at a red light with the windows open.
Then, police say, the woman heard a man in another vehicle say "how do you like it?"
Then, investigators say, the woman looked over to see Word masturbating while looking at pornography on a laptop computer.
After learning that Word had been charged for a similar incident in late May, police obtained a warrant for Word's arrest.
He was charged on Friday and released on $500 unsecured bail.
Word, who was also a baseball coach at Appoquinimink, was placed on administrative leave after his first arrest.
There was no immediate update available on his current employment status with the school district.
delaware, new castle county, indecent exposure, school, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 45 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 32 min ago