Appoquinimink teacher charged again for indecent exposure
NEWARK, Del. - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- For the second time, a teacher at Appoquinimink High School has been charged with indecent exposure.
Charles C. Word, 31, of Newark, is accused of an incident on May 1st at North Harmony Road and Ogletown Stanton Road.
According to police the female victim was in her car, stopped at a red light with the windows open.
Then, police say, the woman heard a man in another vehicle say "how do you like it?"
Then, investigators say, the woman looked over to see Word masturbating while looking at pornography on a laptop computer.
After learning that Word had been charged for a similar incident in late May, police obtained a warrant for Word's arrest.
He was charged on Friday and released on $500 unsecured bail.
Word, who was also a baseball coach at Appoquinimink, was placed on administrative leave after his first arrest.
There was no immediate update available on his current employment status with the school district.
delaware, new castle county, indecent exposure, school, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos