US: Unruly traveler on Newark flight had worked at State Department
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A State Department spokeswoman says a man who ranted about national security and repeatedly screamed "I'm dead" during a flight from Hong Kong to New Jersey once worked at the agency.
The spokeswoman said Tuesday in Washington that the passenger ended his time at the department in 2006. She gave no details about his job or why he no longer works for the agency.
The man started screaming nine hours into Monday's 15-hour flight to Newark Liberty Airport. At one point, a passenger says, the man claimed people were trying to poison him. Passengers helped subdue him.
Passengers say the man was clearly not stable. The FBI says he was hospitalized after being taken off the plane.
new jersey, airline security, china, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 30 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
7 min ago