US: Unruly traveler on Newark flight had worked at State Department
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A State Department spokeswoman says a man who ranted about national security and repeatedly screamed "I'm dead" during a flight from Hong Kong to New Jersey once worked at the agency.
The spokeswoman said Tuesday in Washington that the passenger ended his time at the department in 2006. She gave no details about his job or why he no longer works for the agency.
The man started screaming nine hours into Monday's 15-hour flight to Newark Liberty Airport. At one point, a passenger says, the man claimed people were trying to poison him. Passengers helped subdue him.
Passengers say the man was clearly not stable. The FBI says he was hospitalized after being taken off the plane.
new jersey, airline security, china, local/state
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 15 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 44 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed