Philadelphia asks for federal review of police-involved shootings
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- The end of May saw a total of seven police-involved shootings in Philadelphia in just seven days.
Four of the shootings were fatal. The local investigations continue.
But on Tuesday, Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey and his top aides went to Washington to meet with officials from the Office of Community-Oriented Policing Services at the Justice Department.
Commissioner Ramsey asked for an independent review of the Philadelphia shootings, and that could take 18 months.
Tuesday was the start.
philadelphia, shooting, police, washington, d.c., local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 3 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 10 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
34 min ago