Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Township
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car carrier crashed into a railroad bridge in Whitemarsh Township, Pennsylvania Tuesday night.
The accident happened just before 8:00 p.m. on Flourtown Road near Butler Pike.
Police say the driver was not hurt after the big rig smashed into the bridge, wrecking several luxury cars.
Crews had to remove the cars from the trailer and officials say the bridge appears to be okay.
Flourtown Road was closed for several hours while crews cleaned up the mess.
accident, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 18 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
18 min ago