Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Township
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car carrier crashed into a railroad bridge in Whitemarsh Township, Pennsylvania Tuesday night.
The accident happened just before 8:00 p.m. on Flourtown Road near Butler Pike.
Police say the driver was not hurt after the big rig smashed into the bridge, wrecking several luxury cars.
Crews had to remove the cars from the trailer and officials say the bridge appears to be okay.
Flourtown Road was closed for several hours while crews cleaned up the mess.
accident, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting