Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Township
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car carrier crashed into a railroad bridge in Whitemarsh Township, Pennsylvania Tuesday night.
The accident happened just before 8:00 p.m. on Flourtown Road near Butler Pike.
Police say the driver was not hurt after the big rig smashed into the bridge, wrecking several luxury cars.
Crews had to remove the cars from the trailer and officials say the bridge appears to be okay.
Flourtown Road was closed for several hours while crews cleaned up the mess.
accident, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 2 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos