Man arrested in Philadelphia car lot burglary
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have announced the arrest of a suspect in an attempted burglary at a North Philadelphia car lot.
25-year-old Rafael Mantilla has been charged with attempted burglary, theft from auto, and related offenses.
Police say on May 31st, at 4:29 a.m., a man was captured on surveillance video attempting to gain entry to Gonzalez auto sales office trailer located at 265 West Allegheny Avenue.
After an unsuccessful attempt to break into the office trailer, the suspect gained entry to two vehicles for sale on the lot, taking assorted items valued at $550.
The suspect then fled in an unknown direction.
On June 4th, surveillance video was release to the media.
A day later, detectives received an anonymous phone tip that identified Mantilla as the suspect in this incident.
Mantilla was arrested on June 6, 2013, without further incident.
philadelphia, theft, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 3 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos