Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
POINT BREEZE - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say shots were fired at a man sitting on his steps in the city's Point Breeze section early Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was struck in the left thigh around 1:30 a.m. on the 1500 block of South 21st Street.
Police believe the man was targeted and the shots were fired from down the block.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in stable condition.
So far, there is no word of any arrests or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 8 min ago
- Record Warmth! 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 29 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 29 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 16 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
8 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
19 min ago
- Record Warmth!
59 min ago