Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
POINT BREEZE - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say shots were fired at a man sitting on his steps in the city's Point Breeze section early Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was struck in the left thigh around 1:30 a.m. on the 1500 block of South 21st Street.
Police believe the man was targeted and the shots were fired from down the block.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in stable condition.
So far, there is no word of any arrests or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 11 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer