Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
POINT BREEZE - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say shots were fired at a man sitting on his steps in the city's Point Breeze section early Thursday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was struck in the left thigh around 1:30 a.m. on the 1500 block of South 21st Street.
Police believe the man was targeted and the shots were fired from down the block.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and is listed in stable condition.
So far, there is no word of any arrests or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 25 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 43 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed