60,000 expected for Firefly Music Festival in Dover
DOVER, Del. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than 60,000 people are expected to be in Dover for the three-day Firefly Music Festival.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Dover's population will just about triple during the festival. The city is bringing in police from other jurisdictions to ensure the festival, which begins Friday, runs smoothly. The festival is being held at Dover International Speedway.
The lineup for the festival includes the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People.
Firefly Music Festival: http://fireflyfestival.com/
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, music, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower