60,000 expected for Firefly Music Festival in Dover
DOVER, Del. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than 60,000 people are expected to be in Dover for the three-day Firefly Music Festival.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Dover's population will just about triple during the festival. The city is bringing in police from other jurisdictions to ensure the festival, which begins Friday, runs smoothly. The festival is being held at Dover International Speedway.
The lineup for the festival includes the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People.
Firefly Music Festival: http://fireflyfestival.com/
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, music, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 57 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 41 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
57 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos