60,000 expected for Firefly Music Festival in Dover
DOVER, Del. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than 60,000 people are expected to be in Dover for the three-day Firefly Music Festival.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that Dover's population will just about triple during the festival. The city is bringing in police from other jurisdictions to ensure the festival, which begins Friday, runs smoothly. The festival is being held at Dover International Speedway.
The lineup for the festival includes the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Vampire Weekend and Foster the People.
Firefly Music Festival: http://fireflyfestival.com/
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, music, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 51 min ago
- Record Warmth! 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 58 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
58 min ago
- Record Warmth!
46 min ago