Man found dead in burning Allentown home ID'd
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials have identified a dead man found inside his burning home in Allentown.
The Lehigh County coroner's office has identified the man as 58-year-old Anthony F. Suida.
Firefighters were called to 847 N. Jerome St. around 8:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters were able to knock the fire down quickly, but Suida was found inside the home, police said.
Officials are trying to figure out exactly when and how Suida died, but the coroner's office said Thursday his death is not related to the fire.
An autopsy was performed Thursday morning. The cause of death is pending toxicology results.
The initial investigation revealed the fire was started accidentally by a portable electric appliance, a fire official said.
fire, allentown, body found, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 12 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 30 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 37 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 8 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 34 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 41 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 16 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 3 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 36 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
12 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
8 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos