Upper Darby car vandal blames sleepwalking, police say
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County say a car vandal caught on surveillance video claims he must have been sleepwalking through the crime.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports neighbors in Upper Darby had installed surveillance cameras after finding scratches on their car.
Police arrested Dung Tran, who they say can be seen damaging the car in the video.
Investigators say the 34-year-old Tran initially told police he could be behind the damage and said, "I do lots of things." Then, police say, he changed his story and said he didn't know what he did because he "must have been sleepwalking."
Township police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says he doesn't buy the sleepwalking defense. Tran, who didn't immediately respond to a phone message, is scheduled to be arraigned July 17.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times
pennsylvania, delaware county, upper darby, vandalism, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 16 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
54 min ago