Upper Darby car vandal blames sleepwalking, police say
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County say a car vandal caught on surveillance video claims he must have been sleepwalking through the crime.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports neighbors in Upper Darby had installed surveillance cameras after finding scratches on their car.
Police arrested Dung Tran, who they say can be seen damaging the car in the video.
Investigators say the 34-year-old Tran initially told police he could be behind the damage and said, "I do lots of things." Then, police say, he changed his story and said he didn't know what he did because he "must have been sleepwalking."
Township police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says he doesn't buy the sleepwalking defense. Tran, who didn't immediately respond to a phone message, is scheduled to be arraigned July 17.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times
pennsylvania, delaware county, upper darby, vandalism, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 38 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 12 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
54 min ago
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
38 min ago