Guilty plea in cold New Jersey murder case
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Ventnor man charged with stabbing a 15-year-old boy to death more than 20 years ago pleaded guilty to the crime on Thursday.
Steven Goff, 41, was in court for the killing of Frederick Hart back on May 7, 1990.
Hart was reported missing the next day, but his remains weren't found until December, 1991.
A hunter made the discovery in a wooded area behind a Galloway Township condo complex.
Police say Goff turned himself in an confessed to the crime back in April.
The case had gone cold and may never have been solved if Goff hadn't come forward, investigators said.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, cold case, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
39 min ago