Guilty plea in cold New Jersey murder case
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Ventnor man charged with stabbing a 15-year-old boy to death more than 20 years ago pleaded guilty to the crime on Thursday.
Steven Goff, 41, was in court for the killing of Frederick Hart back on May 7, 1990.
Hart was reported missing the next day, but his remains weren't found until December, 1991.
A hunter made the discovery in a wooded area behind a Galloway Township condo complex.
Police say Goff turned himself in an confessed to the crime back in April.
The case had gone cold and may never have been solved if Goff hadn't come forward, investigators said.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, cold case, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book