Girl, 15, stabbed outside Willingboro school; suspect in custody
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A female student is hospitalized and another student in police custody after a stabbing outside a school in Willingboro, N.J.
Police say it happened at 12:05 p.m. Thursday, shortly after students were dismissed from a half day of classes at the Country Club School.
The school is located at the Willingboro Board of Education Administration Building on Beverly Rancocas Road.
Officers arrived to find a 15-year-old girl who had been stabbed by another student. The attacker had fled the scene.
The victim was taken to Cooper University Hospital.
There was no immediate word on her condition, or on what sparked the violence.
Police caught up with the suspect a short time later on the grounds of the Rancocas Valley Golf Course.
That student, said to be 15 years old as well, is now in police custody.
Police confirmed that both suspect and victim are students in the Willingboro School District.
new jersey, burlington county, stabbing, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 6 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 2 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 2 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
6 min ago