Girl, 15, stabbed outside Willingboro school; suspect in custody
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A female student is hospitalized and another student in police custody after a stabbing outside a school in Willingboro, N.J.
Police say it happened at 12:05 p.m. Thursday, shortly after students were dismissed from a half day of classes at the Country Club School.
The school is located at the Willingboro Board of Education Administration Building on Beverly Rancocas Road.
Officers arrived to find a 15-year-old girl who had been stabbed by another student. The attacker had fled the scene.
The victim was taken to Cooper University Hospital.
There was no immediate word on her condition, or on what sparked the violence.
Police caught up with the suspect a short time later on the grounds of the Rancocas Valley Golf Course.
That student, said to be 15 years old as well, is now in police custody.
Police confirmed that both suspect and victim are students in the Willingboro School District.
new jersey, burlington county, stabbing, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 23 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
23 min ago