Girl, 15, stabbed outside Willingboro school; suspect in custody
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A female student is hospitalized and another student in police custody after a stabbing outside a school in Willingboro, N.J.
Police say it happened at 12:05 p.m. Thursday, shortly after students were dismissed from a half day of classes at the Country Club School.
The school is located at the Willingboro Board of Education Administration Building on Beverly Rancocas Road.
Officers arrived to find a 15-year-old girl who had been stabbed by another student. The attacker had fled the scene.
The victim was taken to Cooper University Hospital.
There was no immediate word on her condition, or on what sparked the violence.
Police caught up with the suspect a short time later on the grounds of the Rancocas Valley Golf Course.
That student, said to be 15 years old as well, is now in police custody.
Police confirmed that both suspect and victim are students in the Willingboro School District.
new jersey, burlington county, stabbing, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 48 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
48 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos