Philadelphia city official pleads guilty in campaign funding probe
PHILADELPHIA - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia city official has pleaded guilty in federal court in Washington as part of a probe into illegal political campaign contributions in the nation's capital.
Stanley Straughter had ties to a D.C. accounting firm that prosecutors say was an assembly line for illegal campaign contributions.
Straughter heads the Mayor Michael Nutter's Commission on African and Caribbean Immigrant Affairs.
The mayor's office had no comment on the guilty plea Thursday night.
philadelphia, city hall, corruption, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 10 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 44 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 27 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
10 min ago