Philadelphia city official pleads guilty in campaign funding probe
PHILADELPHIA - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia city official has pleaded guilty in federal court in Washington as part of a probe into illegal political campaign contributions in the nation's capital.
Stanley Straughter had ties to a D.C. accounting firm that prosecutors say was an assembly line for illegal campaign contributions.
Straughter heads the Mayor Michael Nutter's Commission on African and Caribbean Immigrant Affairs.
The mayor's office had no comment on the guilty plea Thursday night.
philadelphia, city hall, corruption, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 37 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 33 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 8 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
33 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
37 min ago