Gunfire erupts in Kensington, man shot 7 times
KENSINGTON - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man in his 30's was shot seven times in the city's Kensington section early Friday morning.
The shooting happened around 11:15 p.m. in the 2500 block of North Howard Street.
Police believe the victim was the intended target.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he's listed in stable condition.
A stray bullet also damaged the windshield of a nearby parked car.
Detectives are searching for the shooter.
shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 14 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids