Road opens after report of debris from I-476 in Towamencin
TOWAMENCIN - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A road that was closed Friday after a report of debris falling from I-476 in Towamencin, Montgomery County has reopened.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission was notified after someone reported the debris falling from an the I-476 overpass over Wambold Road around 9:20 Friday morning.
Wambold Road was closed while officials investigated the report.
Turnpike officials inspected the I-476 overpass, and determined it was structurally sound.
Inspectors said they will continue to monitor the bridge.
No injuries or damages were reported.
Wambold Road was reopened around 1:00 p.m.
- Snow today, heavy at times 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 58 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 47 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
59 min ago
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
20 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
18 min ago