Man struck by Amtrak train in Chester County
PARKESBURG, Pa. (AP) - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Amtrak says a man has been hit by a train in Chester County.
Spokesman Craig Schulz says the incident happened near the Parkesburg station shortly before 6 a.m. Friday.
The man was hit by a train traveling between Harrisburg and New York and has been flown to a hospital.
His name and condition weren't immediately released.
Schulz says the train was delayed for about an hour and 40 minutes. Some delays are continuing on the route.
pennsylvania, chester county, train accident, accident, amtrak, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 3 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos