Man struck by Amtrak train in Chester County
PARKESBURG, Pa. (AP) - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Amtrak says a man has been hit by a train in Chester County.
Spokesman Craig Schulz says the incident happened near the Parkesburg station shortly before 6 a.m. Friday.
The man was hit by a train traveling between Harrisburg and New York and has been flown to a hospital.
His name and condition weren't immediately released.
Schulz says the train was delayed for about an hour and 40 minutes. Some delays are continuing on the route.
pennsylvania, chester county, train accident, accident, amtrak, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 50 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 58 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 40 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 48 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
50 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
48 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
40 min ago