Armed suspect sought in N. Philly grocery store robbery
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the suspect wanted for an armed robbery of a grocery store in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 8:35 p.m. Wednesday at the Ho Choi Grocery store on the 2300 block of South 9th Street.
Surveillance video from the scene can be viewed here.
Police say the suspect walked in the store and attempted to grab something from behind the counter.
When the employee stepped in, authorities say the suspect pulled a handgun from his waist and pointed it at the register.
After getting $20 in cash, the suspect fled the store on foot, heading south on 9th Street towards Moyamensing Avenue.
He was last seen wearing a baseball hat with an Air Jordan symbol, sunglasses, a multi-colored button down shirt, dark colored pants and a pink belt.
Anyone with information is asked to call Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477). Tips can also be submitted by sending a text to 773847, or online viaphillypolice.com.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 34 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 52 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
34 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
52 min ago