Phila. man busted with marijuana in Del. traffic stop
MIDDLETOWN, Del. - June 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man was arrested on marijuana charges following a traffic stop in Delaware.
It happened Thursday afternoon on SR 1 southbound at Biddle Toll Plaza in Middletown.
State troopers stopped 24-year-old Vance Turner for allegedly speeding.
During the traffic stop, one of the troopers noticed the smell of marijuana.
Police searched the vehicle and found a shopping bag containing five pounds of marijuana separated in plastic storage bags.
Authorities say the drugs have a street value of $10,000.
Turner was taken into custody, facing a number of drug charges.
delaware, marijuana, drugs, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 7 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos