Couple injured in crash on I-95 south near Philadelphia airport
PHILADELPHIA - June 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A couple heading to Philadelphia Int'l Airport were injured in a one vehicle crash on Interstate-95 south early Saturday morning.
The accident happened around 4:00 a.m. near the airport exit.
Police say the couple was trying to catch a plane when the male driver lost control of an SUV and rolled over several times.
The woman was trapped inside and firefighters had to free her from the wreckage.
She was taken by ambulance to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
The man was not injured and police are investigating.
accident, philadelphia international airport, philadelphia, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 4 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 6 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos