Couple injured in crash on I-95 south near Philadelphia airport
PHILADELPHIA - June 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A couple heading to Philadelphia Int'l Airport were injured in a one vehicle crash on Interstate-95 south early Saturday morning.
The accident happened around 4:00 a.m. near the airport exit.
Police say the couple was trying to catch a plane when the male driver lost control of an SUV and rolled over several times.
The woman was trapped inside and firefighters had to free her from the wreckage.
She was taken by ambulance to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
The man was not injured and police are investigating.
accident, philadelphia international airport, philadelphia, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 8 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 41 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real...
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos