Suspect sought in attempted robbery in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - June 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- The police and FBI are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the person responsible for the attempted robbery of a Bank of America branch.
The incident happened just before 4:00 p.m. at the Bank of America located inside a ShopRite store in the 3700 block of Aramingo Avenue in the city's Port Richmond section.
Police say the suspect handed a teller a demand note but eventually fled the bank on foot without receiving any money.
There were no injuries reported.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 20's, approximately 5'10" tall, medium build, dark complexion, with a goatee. He was seen wearing a black t-shirt and a black Brooklyn Nets baseball cap.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery attempt or the suspect is urged to call the police or FBI at 215-418-4000
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 21 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 24 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
5 min ago