Suspect sought in attempted robbery in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - June 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- The police and FBI are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the person responsible for the attempted robbery of a Bank of America branch.
The incident happened just before 4:00 p.m. at the Bank of America located inside a ShopRite store in the 3700 block of Aramingo Avenue in the city's Port Richmond section.
Police say the suspect handed a teller a demand note but eventually fled the bank on foot without receiving any money.
There were no injuries reported.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 20's, approximately 5'10" tall, medium build, dark complexion, with a goatee. He was seen wearing a black t-shirt and a black Brooklyn Nets baseball cap.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery attempt or the suspect is urged to call the police or FBI at 215-418-4000
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos