Bicyclist from Pa. killed in Bethany Beach crash
BETHANY BEACH, Del. - June 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a bicyclist in Bethany Beach.
Police say 66-year-old Dorothy Brenner of Pittsburgh was riding a bicycle Friday afternoon along the shoulder of Route 1 in Bethany.
At some point, investigators say Brenner tried to cross over the northbound lanes of the highway in a diagonal direction into the path of vehicles.
Police say one vehicle was able to brake and swerve to avoid hitting Brenner. That maneuver forced another vehicle to brake and swerve to the left, striking Brenner. She was thrown from the bicycle.
Brenner was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver was not injured.
delaware, pittsburgh, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 50 min ago
- Temps Soar 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 10 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
9 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
10 min ago