2 corrections officers ID'd as victims in Salem County crash
CARNEY'S POINT, N.J. - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two corrections officers were identified as the victims killed in a crash involving multiple motorcycles in Salem County, New Jersey.
It happened around 8:00 Saturday night on US Route 40 near Courses Landing Road in Carney's Point.
Police say as many as five motorcycles were travelling at a high rate of speed when two of them crashed into a car.
The riders, identified as 42-year-old Derrick Sultan and 31-year-old George Jackson, were both pronounced dead at the scene. Both men worked as corrections officers at South Woods State Prison.
A third motorcyclist suffered non-life threatening injuries when his bike missed the car and crashed into a field.
Authorities say the driver of the car, 21-year-old Jehu Santiago, was driving without a license at the time. He also suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Meanwhile police are still investigating the crash.
new jersey, salem county, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry