2 corrections officers ID'd as victims in Salem County crash
CARNEY'S POINT, N.J. - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two corrections officers were identified as the victims killed in a crash involving multiple motorcycles in Salem County, New Jersey.
It happened around 8:00 Saturday night on US Route 40 near Courses Landing Road in Carney's Point.
Police say as many as five motorcycles were travelling at a high rate of speed when two of them crashed into a car.
The riders, identified as 42-year-old Derrick Sultan and 31-year-old George Jackson, were both pronounced dead at the scene. Both men worked as corrections officers at South Woods State Prison.
A third motorcyclist suffered non-life threatening injuries when his bike missed the car and crashed into a field.
Authorities say the driver of the car, 21-year-old Jehu Santiago, was driving without a license at the time. He also suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Meanwhile police are still investigating the crash.
new jersey, salem county, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos