Bag prompts bomb squad to SEPTA City Hall stop
CENTER CITY - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A bag left at a ticket counter at the SEPTA City Hall stop caused some chaos and concern overnight.
Police and the bomb squad were called out to the 1500 block of John F Kennedy Boulevard around 4:30 a.m. Sunday after a SEPTA employee noticed the unattended bag.
Police evacuated the station.
Authorities stopped all trains coming into that station while a bomb dog worked to clear the package.
The package was determined to be safe.
The station was given the all clear after 5:00 a.m.
philadelphia, city hall, center city, bomb scare, SEPTA, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
13 min ago