Powerball ticket worth $131.5 million sold in Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lottery officials say a winning Powerball ticket worth $131.5 million was sold in South Philadelphia.
It's exciting news for the store that sold the ticket - Federal Beer on the 1400 block of Federal Street.
The numbers drawn were 13-19-23-33-57 and the Powerball was 28.
The winner matched all five white balls and the red Powerball to win.
"I thought somebody was playing a game with me," said Ghanshyam 'Gary' Patel, owner.
It was a welcomed surprise for Patel. The India native has owned the store for about eight years.
Federal Beer will receive a $100,000 bonus for selling the golden ticket.
Patel says he plans to treat his staff of three.
"Make sure that my employees are happy, that they get a nice vacation out of it," he said.
Patel also plans to add to his newborn twins' college fund.
However the big mystery still remains, who bought the winning ticket?
"Whoever it was, God bless them," said Barbara Whiteman.
"I wish it was me. I wish I knew who it was so I could get some money from them," said Carol Johnson.
Residents are hoping it's someone local, who will give back to the neighborhood.
The winner can take the $131.5 million annuity or $77.4 million cash as a lump sum.
If you are the winner, you are encouraged to sign the back of your ticket, keep it somewhere safe and call lottery official on Monday.
philadelphia, lottery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police