Small earthquake in North Jersey; no injuries reported
ROCKAWAY, N.J. (AP) - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a small earthquake in northern New Jersey has caused no injuries or damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey's website says a 2.1-magnitude earthquake briefly shook Rockaway Borough on Sunday. Officials say the quake hit at 11:54 a.m.
Some residents in the Morris County community say they felt the quake in their homes. But for most, the event was over before most realized what was happening.
While earthquakes in New Jersey are rare, Rockaway experienced several small ones last summer.
new jersey, earthquake, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 45 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 31 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos