Small earthquake in North Jersey; no injuries reported
ROCKAWAY, N.J. (AP) - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a small earthquake in northern New Jersey has caused no injuries or damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey's website says a 2.1-magnitude earthquake briefly shook Rockaway Borough on Sunday. Officials say the quake hit at 11:54 a.m.
Some residents in the Morris County community say they felt the quake in their homes. But for most, the event was over before most realized what was happening.
While earthquakes in New Jersey are rare, Rockaway experienced several small ones last summer.
new jersey, earthquake, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 44 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 43 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 3 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 45 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
41 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
43 min ago