Small earthquake in North Jersey; no injuries reported
ROCKAWAY, N.J. (AP) - June 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a small earthquake in northern New Jersey has caused no injuries or damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey's website says a 2.1-magnitude earthquake briefly shook Rockaway Borough on Sunday. Officials say the quake hit at 11:54 a.m.
Some residents in the Morris County community say they felt the quake in their homes. But for most, the event was over before most realized what was happening.
While earthquakes in New Jersey are rare, Rockaway experienced several small ones last summer.
new jersey, earthquake, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 43 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 22 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 9 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 38 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
43 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos