Victim runs to safety after shooting in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gunman opened fire on two men who had just left a bar in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section late Sunday night.
According to police, it was around 11:00 p.m. when the two men were leaving a bar and getting into a car when someone shot at them.
One of the men was struck in the arm and the buttocks. Both then fled on foot a couple blocks to a nearby 7-Eleven store in the 7600 block of Ogontz Avenue to call for help.
The shooting victim was transported to the hospital with what is believed to be non-life threatening wounds.
Police are still looking for a suspect and attempting to determine a motive.
west oak lane, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 43 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 5 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 15 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 22 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
15 min ago