Victim runs to safety after shooting in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gunman opened fire on two men who had just left a bar in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section late Sunday night.
According to police, it was around 11:00 p.m. when the two men were leaving a bar and getting into a car when someone shot at them.
One of the men was struck in the arm and the buttocks. Both then fled on foot a couple blocks to a nearby 7-Eleven store in the 7600 block of Ogontz Avenue to call for help.
The shooting victim was transported to the hospital with what is believed to be non-life threatening wounds.
Police are still looking for a suspect and attempting to determine a motive.
west oak lane, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 37 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 53 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 22 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 1 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
53 min ago