Worker falls from crane at the Navy Yard
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Paramedics and firefighters responded Monday morning to reports of an industrial accident at the Navy Yard in South Philadelphia.
The incident occurred shortly before 11:00 a.m. on the 4900 block of South 16th Street.
A 27-year-old worker was reportedly injured after falling from a crane.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment. He was in stable condition at the time of transport.
Authorities are investigating what led to the incident.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, industrial accident, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 13 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 58 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 16 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer