Delaware County man accused of shouting racial slurs in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man attending a Toby Keith concert in New Jersey's most impoverished city climbed a fence into a housing complex, waved a Confederate flag and shouted racial slurs at residents.
Thirty-three-year-old Darren Walp of Ridley Park, Pa., was arrested in Camden Saturday. He's charged with bias intimidation, harassment and criminal trespassing and is in the Camden County Jail with bail of $5,000.
Walp was arrested Saturday evening in the crowd at the Susquehanna Bank Center. The concert venue is near the Royal Court apartments in a city where most residents are minorities.
Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson says he's asking the United States Attorney's Office to review the case and possibly take over the prosecution.
It was not immediately clear if Walp had a lawyer.
camden, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 21 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos