Who is the big South Philadelphia Powerball winner?
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A South Philadelphia community is buzzing about the identity of the person who bought a $131 million Powerball ticket at a local beer store.
The ticket, for the Saturday night drawing, was bought at Federal Beer in the 1400 block of Federal Street in the Point Breeze neighborhood.
"My son called me this morning, 'Mom, was it you?'" said Brenda Smith. "No, it wasn't me."
Pennsylvania Lottery and Powerball officials are still waiting for the mystery winner to appear and claim the prize.
If the winner knows he or she has those lucky numbers they are most likely getting their ducks in a row before stepping into the spotlight.
"The person who has to claim that money must be one of the most nervous people in the world right about now. That really is a lot of money," said Terri Wiggins.
Meanwhile, others around the neighborhood could not help but hope that maybe lottery lightning can strike again.
"The winning tickets are coming around closer so now I'm going to be sure to play there and everywhere else!" Smith said.
The winner can take the $131.5 million annuity or $77.4 million cash as a lump sum.
If you are the winner, you are encouraged to sign the back of your ticket, keep it somewhere safe and call lottery officials on Monday.
philadelphia, lottery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 26 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 16 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 26 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 18 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 26 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 26 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Brush fire destroys 25 acres in Burlington Co. 3 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
26 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
26 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
26 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
18 min ago