Who is the big South Philadelphia Powerball winner?
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A South Philadelphia community is buzzing about the identity of the person who bought a $131 million Powerball ticket at a local beer store.
The ticket, for the Saturday night drawing, was bought at Federal Beer in the 1400 block of Federal Street in the Point Breeze neighborhood.
"My son called me this morning, 'Mom, was it you?'" said Brenda Smith. "No, it wasn't me."
Pennsylvania Lottery and Powerball officials are still waiting for the mystery winner to appear and claim the prize.
If the winner knows he or she has those lucky numbers they are most likely getting their ducks in a row before stepping into the spotlight.
"The person who has to claim that money must be one of the most nervous people in the world right about now. That really is a lot of money," said Terri Wiggins.
Meanwhile, others around the neighborhood could not help but hope that maybe lottery lightning can strike again.
"The winning tickets are coming around closer so now I'm going to be sure to play there and everywhere else!" Smith said.
The winner can take the $131.5 million annuity or $77.4 million cash as a lump sum.
If you are the winner, you are encouraged to sign the back of your ticket, keep it somewhere safe and call lottery officials on Monday.
philadelphia, lottery, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 28 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 21 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 27 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 25 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
20 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos