Man gunned down in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 20-year-old man was gunned down in North Philadelphia late Monday night.
The shooting occurred around 11:00 p.m. on the 800 block of Perkiomen Street.
According to police, someone opened fire on the victim, striking him once in the chest.
He was rushed to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say 27 bullet casings were found at the scene and two different caliber weapons were fired.
There have been no arrests and police are searching for the suspect.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 1 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 33 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 1 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 1 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 1 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
1 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
1 min ago