Man gunned down in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 20-year-old man was gunned down in North Philadelphia late Monday night.
The shooting occurred around 11:00 p.m. on the 800 block of Perkiomen Street.
According to police, someone opened fire on the victim, striking him once in the chest.
He was rushed to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say 27 bullet casings were found at the scene and two different caliber weapons were fired.
There have been no arrests and police are searching for the suspect.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands