Man gunned down in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 20-year-old man was gunned down in North Philadelphia late Monday night.
The shooting occurred around 11:00 p.m. on the 800 block of Perkiomen Street.
According to police, someone opened fire on the victim, striking him once in the chest.
He was rushed to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say 27 bullet casings were found at the scene and two different caliber weapons were fired.
There have been no arrests and police are searching for the suspect.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 30 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 45 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 30 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 25 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
45 min ago